Carb oil and heavy duty lubrication

To: "spit list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb oil and heavy duty lubrication
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:28:03 -0700
H Guys
While we are on this thread, I was reminded of a job we did some 25 years
ago that concerned this very issue. It was on a Jaguar XJ6 but the same
applies to Spits. The guy had heard all the stories about the oil in the
damper reducing his fuel cost. So working on the principle that the thicker
the oil the less fuel he would use he packed the carbs with grease, yes both
carbs packed full!. We got the call for help when the car would start from
cold and cut out after a few seconds and then would not run.
One carb clean later, the car runs with no harm done except to his
pocketbook and maybe some pride.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems