Re: O/D tranny up for offers

To: <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: O/D tranny up for offers
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:36:52 -0400
where   are you located Chris....

I was about to offer up my 1979 Spitfire O/D tranny to the Lists
before it went to EBay.

I bought it to put in my 1975 Spit but sold that one
 before it was ever installed.

It is complete with wiring and shift lever  (minus knob).
the offer includes a proper matching rear chassis mount plate,
and new rubber mounts, a motor stop cable and complete
driveshaft of the proper length for the O/D tranny's use.

I was acquired in a trade with a very reputable engine builder who
rebuilds the engines for restoration shops throughout the north east
of the US. I have no reason to doubt it's functional condition due
to the source. I have never actually run (at speed) the tranny to test
the O/D but on the bench I have personally verified clean and proper
valving and solenoid operation. It is very clean with no oil leaks.
All clutch hardware is in place. (clutch slave cyl??? I'll have to look tonight)
arm, new pivot, throwout bearing and carrier are all in place.

e-mail me off list and I can supply photos of the tranny.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net   http://www.teglerizer.com (new layout)
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer