Re: Headlights on

To: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Headlights on
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:22:06 -0700
Actually Ken, It could be achieved with a couple of high (30) amp relays.
One relay coil connected to the ign. switch so that when you turn the key
the coil is energized, the other connected to the oil pressure switch so
that when the oil light is on the coil is energized also.  The normally
open contacts of the first (ign) relay would be connected in series with
the normally closed contacts of the second (oil energized) relay, and then
connected across the light switch.  In this way when the key was on (and
the normal light switch was in the off position) the (automatic feature) of
the lights would come on after the oil pressure builds enough to extinguish
the oil light, but also only if the key was in the on (or run) position.
The lights would also work normally in the event of an emergency or if
desired -
Hard to explain, but relatively easy to diagram or implement -
Maybe somebody has a better or easier idea.  This was just one of those
spur of the moment replys -
I hope I  didn't get that backwards, I did re-read it but you know how that
goes :-)

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)