Re: Headlights on

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlights on
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:36:38 -0700
Barry,

Your way sounds very reliable. And I already have a couple of relays...

I was thinking of using a transistor to invert the function of the oil
pressure light and drive a single relay. It would probably cost more than
two relays just to isolate and protect the transistor from the unfriendly
electrical system.

Ken C

> Actually Ken, It could be achieved with a couple of high (30) amp relays.
> One relay coil connected to the ign. switch so that when you turn the key
> the coil is energized, the other connected to the oil pressure switch so
> that when the oil light is on the coil is energized also.  The normally
> open contacts of the first (ign) relay would be connected in series with
> the normally closed contacts of the second (oil energized) relay, and then
> connected across the light switch.  In this way when the key was on (and
> the normal light switch was in the off position) the (automatic feature)
of