Reassembling the car in a hurry!

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reassembling the car in a hurry!
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:59:56 -0400
Well the car is looking good and starting to come back togethor.  I tried
revinyling the top of the dash  per the instructions on the VTR website
-major disaster, I will be stripping it all off and buying an overlay.  The
redone wood dash is unbelievable!!!  I am starting to reassemble all this
and have a few questions.

1 - What is a good source for the dimmer control?  Will a garden variety
potentiometer from Radio Shack work?

2 - By the windshield washer motor there is a metal strap to hold the
harness down, right next to it is a small hole (1/4 " or so) what attaches
here??  - This one I need to figure out pretty fast.

3 - What is the easiest way to reattach new sway bar links??  Also I have
new polyurethane bushings but my links are brand new with perfect rubber,
should I fight getting the rubber out or just leave it?

Thanks,
Patrick Bowen