Brake pad tip

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake pad tip
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:20:12 -0400
I have been less than happy with the front brake pads that I have tried the
past couple years - Repco's seem to be on perpetual backorder and the
standard pads from Moss and NAPA have had no "Bite". I finally tried
getting stock Volvo pads from my local Volvo dealer (fitment is REAR pads
for 240's with Girling rear brakes). Major improvement! Lighter pedal feel,
much better bite! One thing, don't use the black mastic anti-vibration pads
that come with them, just use the aluminum shims. The mastic pads make the
pedal feel squishy, and taking them out made no difference in the amount of
brake noise - there is none either way.  They were about $30 for the set.

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine