Re: Brake Light

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Light
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:41:48 -0400
David, I would assume that the car just has the normal brake switch on the
pedal. If the lights worked before then I would suspect the switch if both
lights are not working. You should have 12v ( approx) on one contact on the
swtch with the pedal NOT depressed and 0v on the other. When you press the
pedal and open the switch then both sides should be 12v. If no 12v at all then
make sure that the power is not switched by the ignition switch. Could also be
a sticking switch. Make sure the plunger/pin moves out with the pedal. Also the
assumption is no connectors have come undone on the harness on the way to the
rear of the car. I also switch the mulimeter to check the resistivity and make
sure that the bulbs are not open i.e. filament is bust.

Alan