Re: Brake Light

To: "David A.Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Light
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:44:42 +0100
BTDT
Hi David
Easter Saturday there was a knock at my door and an officer of the law was
stood there, turned out he had just bought a Toledo and had been told I was
the Triumph man for the Island. After a couple of hours chatting I showed
him to my lockup full of spares and offered to show him our Sprinted
Dolomite. He was keen to see it and I keen to show off the neatly positioned
high level brake light, foot on pedal, nothing, look under the dash (been
here before!) and found the brake light switch had exploded!
I have never been so embarrassed in the presence of the law! This may not
help you much as I don't know whether the GT6/Spitfire had hydraulic
switching or mechanical switching, if mechanical look under the dash!! Poss.
find bits in footwell also!

Graham.