Re: sidelamp rubber

To: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: sidelamp rubber
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:56:01 +0100

Those of you interested in the sidelamp rubbers may want to check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=314016221

Of course, you'll have to figure out what to do with the rest of the burnt
Spitfire carcass.
-Karl

.
Hi All
A word of warning, I do not know all the details on this or how accurately I
have remembered it.
I have been told that most rubber / plastic bits on cars produce some kind
of really nasty acid, (Hydrofluoric Acid?), which once in contact with the
skin can be neither neutralised nor washed off. It will continue to eat into
the tissue and bone, and the only cure is amputation.
Sounds really scary to me, perhaps someone out there on this wonderful
resource can either clarify or quash this as bunkum!
I seem to recall it was taught as part of a MVT course I was on.

Graham.