Re: Temperature Transmitter

To: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: Temperature Transmitter
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 08:48:32 -0700
Jason,
My Mk1 also has two.  It is because during its lifetime there have been two
different places the temperature sender was located.  Our
cars through time have managed to have both types end up on the same engine!

Joe

P.S. I don't know what the range is, but those senders have a variable resistor
in them that varies with the temperature.  To test, get
a digital ohmmeter and connect to the terminal and the body of the unit.  Set
the meter on the lowest scale and heat the element.  The
resistance should change with the temperature.