Re: spitfire....

To: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Subject: Re: spitfire....
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 08:43:02 -0700

"T.R. Householder" wrote:

> What a  novel Idea !!!!!!

Actually, I already did something on that order with my Racecar project.  I
gutted the doors and pounded the metal flanges at the top
where the seals attach until they meet.  Then I welded them together and
finished it off with a skim coating of bondo so it will look
like a continuous piece.  Afterwards, the doors get bolted in place (aluminum
brackets rather than hinges.  I guess the next step would
be side curtains, but this car will never again have a top!

Joe