Re: fuel tank leak

To: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: fuel tank leak
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 09:30:05 -0500
Who ever you are (you didn't leave your name)   8^}

    My tank also leaked from the sending unit gasket.  I found that my tank was
building up pressure.  If you have a vapor return line (Mines a 74 Spitfire) You
will want to make sure that line is clear.  Mine went to a carbon canistor in
the engine compartment.  If you start at the canistior , about 4 or 5" you will
find a metal coupling. This is an orfice tube. You will find a small hole in
it.  Mine was plugged up with some sort of white powder. I cleaned that out.
My tank does not build up pressure anymore and it does not leak, and I am using
the same gasket and no sealer.

Hope this Helps,
Pat
63 Spitfire (still siting)
74 Spitfire( definaetly will change oil today, you never know)
68 Chevy C10 (still sitting)
 http://www.dol.net/~starborn/artvango.html