fuel tank leak

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel tank leak
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:43:12 -0500

Hello everyone,

I used to be on here as tr7@primenet.com
I have DSL now, so, of course, a new address.

Anyways, I'm trying to fix last year's problem to no avail.

Problem: Fuel tank is leaking out the hole where the fuel meter is seated. I
tried applying some putty to it, but that did not work. the leak is very
very small, but annoying.

I tried even arranging the gasket differently than before.

Is the rubber gasket supposed to be sandwiched between the fuel meter itself
and the locking collar? OR is it supposed to be fuel tank, touching the
gasket, that touches the fuel meter, and locked in with the collar?

Im pullin my hair out, and smell like gasoline because of this. Please help!
I'll be going back to the car(hopefully garage will still be there) in about
12 hours. any advice will be helpful.

If i do have to get gasket sealent, please tell me the permatex product
since i wasn't able to find anything that's gasoline-proof.