Re: Fan Belt - over heat

To: "Patrick Baize" <speedracre@netzero.net>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fan Belt - over heat
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 10:53:05 -0700
Remember that the belt should have between 3/4" - 1 1/2" of play at the
center spot between the pulleys.  An overly tight belt will place excessive
wear on your generator/alternator bearings and might have contributed to the
premature failure of the belt itself.  Something to consider, anyway.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site