Re: { NASS } Which drive do people like!

To: nass@egroups.com
Subject: Re: { NASS } Which drive do people like!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:36:23 -0700

wizardz@toad.net wrote:

> If both options were avail.,,, which rear drive line would you all
> prefer, and why?
>
> 1.)  rotoflex and lower arms
> 2.)  swing axle

Paul,
At this time, I prefer the rotoflex setup.  I have to say that because it is
the way I am setting up my race car project.  However,
I'll let you know if I change my mind after it is finished.

On the plus side:

- Lower A-Arm gives the suspension a better stance without having to compensate
for the problems that accompany the swing axles.

- Probably better tire wear because of the more straight up stance

On the minus side

- The donuts are more subject to wearing out, so one more piece to go bad.

- The whole thing is heavier.

Regards,
Joe