progess & small setback

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: progess & small setback
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:37:15 EDT
I've finished up the brakes on my Spit, and all that is left to do to them is
to reset the warning switch. I also got it fired up, and tuned the carbs in,
and let it run for a while to check for any problems, and the engine appears
to have none. I also swapped the radiator out for one that I had
reconditioned, and had set aside. I am going to try to get the exhaust on it
this week. I am using a rear resonator that I took off of a 73 V12 XKE
Jaguar, and have modified the resonator from using two inlets, to just using
one. It fits underneath the rear perfectly, so all I need to do is get a pipe
made up to go between the header, and the resonator. So far so good, but
today I hit a snag. I am in the process of removing all of the exterior trim
to get it ready of bodywork/paint, and had to force the front overriders off,
as the bolts had rusted into one piece. Does anyone know where I can find a
set of front overriders for a 75, or at least a set of bolts that I can use
in my set? I've decided that I'm going to do away with the little side marker
lights altogether, and weld the holes for them shut. I should have the
bodywork started within the next 3-4 weeks. At least I'm starting to make
some good progress on it.

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire "Bad Mojo"