Re: The clutch saga continues, HELP!!!

To: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: The clutch saga continues, HELP!!!
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 18:30:17 -0500
>Well, my friend came up on Sat. and we got the transmission back into the
>car and the clutch bled. We tried to start it for a ride but no such luck,
>electrical malfunction. Well I got to the electrics today and fixed the
>problem. Started it up to take it for a quick spin to try out the new clutch
>and I cannot get it into gear!!! When the clutch is depressed it doesn't
>seem to be disengaging. There is good pedal pressure, the system is fully
>bled. It feels like it is disengaging but it apparently isn't. What could
>this be??? I rebuilt the slave while the trans was out as well. all of the
>rubber seal were mushy, but the cylinder was smooth and clean. Everything
>slid back together nicely. What could the problem be??????
>
>Thanks,
>Jason
>
>1963 Spitfire MK1

Sorry for the obvious one -- but did you bleed the clutch system
after reinstalling it?

Also, is the bleed screw on the slave cylinder on top, or on bottom?
It should be on top, so that air bubbles (which rise to the top of
the fluif) will come out when the system is bled.

Dan

Dan Buettner                       mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com