Re: fan clutch replacement

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fan clutch replacement
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:41:02 -0400

Many thanks to those that replied. I found that on my 76 there was just enough
room to slide the water pump/clutch/fan combination out, without removing the
radiator. Took a lot to get the clutch on and off the pully shaft though. No
way to have done this in the car. That "special drift set" I have really works
- actually any socket that's the right diameter and a bit of padding!

Anyway I took here for a spin and she's really so much quieter now. Really nice
to drive without all that noise. Only when it's gone do you realise how much
there was not only at idle but the rest of the time too - what I thought were
other things making noise through the engine/drivetrain/exhaust were all
attributable to the fan clutch.

Now to get back to getting the carb tweaked for emissions.

Alan

This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/