Re: front end alignment

To: "D.T.Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>,
Subject: Re: front end alignment
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:37:41 -0400
At 08:51 PM 06/04/00 -0500, D.T.Gebhard wrote:

>Spitlisters, Does anyone have a fast and easy method to
>line up the front end using minimal tools.

A procedure for aligning your car with a piece of string is on the VTR
maintenance pages http://www.vtr.org/maintain/

I usually do it by eye before driving down to the local alignment shop. $50
well spent in my opinion.

>Also ,can
>the rear end be out of line like modern day cars.

Don't know what you mean by that! Both front and rear of the Spitfire
suspension can be adjusted!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

"The better the 4WD, the farther out you get stuck."