Re: O/D switch momentary or two pole?

To: Dean Dashwood <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Subject: Re: O/D switch momentary or two pole?
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:09:59 -0700 (PDT)
Yes thats right.  I have a D-type overdrive on my GT6.
 With regards to the wiring of the overdrive, you have
a couple of circuts.  First off is I bought a TR6
overdrive steering column switch (wire harness) and
relay for the GT6 and it works great.  The steering
column switch then goes to the relay which I mounted
somewhere under the dash and then the harness breaks
in 2 paths.  One path goes to the solenoid on the
overdrive and the other goes on the switch on the
trans extension to allow the overdrive ot engage only
when the shifter is in 3rd or 4th gear.  I strongly
recomend this switch.  Trust me, I do forget to switch
out of overdrive sometimes and I think we all know
what terrible damage will occur if the overdrive is
engaged when reverse is selected.  Also I thought of
wiring up the overdrive to get it on 2nd 3rd and 4th
gear like my brothers TR6, but don't.  The clutch in
the overdrive will not handle the 2nd gear power for
too long.
Mark
1969 GT6 convertable (Spitsix)
--- Dean Dashwood <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com> wrote:

> Didn't notice a reply to this, so I'll post one:
>
> J-type overdrives weren't fitted with a relay as
> standard, although I believe
> it's ok to fit one if you want (for additional
> protection).  D-type overdrives,
> AFAIK, did have a relay fitted.
>
> Dean
> -----------
>
> (Jeff, is it just me, or am I answering almost every
> question you ask?  Seems
> like the questions your asking fit right into my
> limited knowledge - can't
> remember ever posting this many replies before!)
>

> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 20:44:44 -0700
> From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
> Subject: O/D switch momentary or two pole?
>
> Just curious.  Does the overdrive switch hit a relay
> of some sort or does
> the O/D circuit need a contsant 12v to engage and
> hold the O/D on?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff

=====