RE: O/D switch momentary or two pole?

To: "'mark holbrook'" <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>, nugentmd@gte.net
Subject: RE: O/D switch momentary or two pole?
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:19:43 -0400

As Mark writes, it is hard to do, but not impossible.
Although I am not sure why you would want to eliminate
OD on 3rd gear, what you would need to do is to take
the shift extension off, and machine the front part of
the contacting mechanism off. The contacting mechanism
(for lack of another term), looks somewhat like a
cylinder with a tab on it. This is what contacts the
push button switch. When you are in third gear, the
piece is back, and in fourth it is forward. So by
milling off the front, you eliminate making the switch.

As I said though, why would you not want to be able
to use OD in third? If you don't like using it in
third, then don't use it. Don't be someones DPO by
making a major change.

Doug Mitchell
dbmitchell@bigfoot.com
'73 Spitfire 1500 w/OD