Re: Navigating the easy way

To: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Navigating the easy way
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:12:57 -0700
Suzie - your comments re navigating London reminds me of a chap from one of
the southern states who was travelling north on the Alaska Highway some
years back. Several cars and trucks had all been stuck at the road camp
where I was based for several days due to a major wash-out north of the camp
and this guy is going nuts to get on his way. The road foreman stated that
the road would be open by dawn the next day and sure enough this guy was
gone when the rest of us got up. However it seems that he turned right
instead of left coming out of the camp and drove south about 250 miles at
breakneck speeds (in a very large Caddy) until he realized he had seen all
the same land marks before. The real laugh was that by the following day
when he got back to our camp, the road had washed out again, in the same
place, and he was stuck there for four more days!
So it goes to show you that you should look at your map occasionally and not
be in too big a rush to get to your destination.
John Tones, Victoria BC