Bonnet Hinge Pivot Bushings

To: "Spitfires List Server (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet Hinge Pivot Bushings
From: "Chris Sharp" <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:26:19 -0400
Buds-
I've been looking for the bushings that go in the ends of the bonnet brace
tubes where they mounts to the frame for a Spitfire4 (Mk I).  I tried TRF,
VB, & Moss, but no luck.  The hardware store had some bushings but they all
had to large of an outside diameter.  I'd really prefer not to drill out the
tubes to accept the larger bushings as I think this would weaken the pivot
point.  Currently, I'm using some big bolts.  The draw backs are that the
bonnet rattles on the bolts and the bolts tend to bend bracket and pinch the
end of the tubes.  Anyone out there know of a source for these?

Thanks in advance

Chris