Re: eBay funnies

To: <SJagGo@aol.com>, <clshore@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: eBay funnies
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:28:26 -0700
Bill,

Just to set the record straight, I guess you must be referring to me.  At
least, I'm "the guy" that paid $46 for the NOS bumper.  I never received
your e-mail regarding the overrider slot, otherwise I certainly wouldn't
have bid on the item.  Additionally, I did not "run up" the bid amount in
any way shape or form.  I only bid once, for $1 more than the highest bid
moments before the auction closed.

Whoever you sent your e-mail to and the winning bidder were NOT the same
person.  Because I was the winning bidder and never received your e-mail.

Additionally, considering that VB sells repros of these bumpers for upwards
of $90 (or more), I didn't consider $46 to be an inflated amount for an NOS
item.  It would have been well worth it to me, provided it had been a Mk3
bumper, which I clearly thought it was.

I am reselling this bumper on the TTA clearly identifying it as a Mk1 or Mk2
bumper, with $45 as the opening bid with no reserve.  I'm sure that a Mk1 or
Mk2 owner will agree with me that it's a good deal and I'll recoup my
expense, eventually.  The seller offered to take it back, but I declined,
since I know I won't have any trouble reselling it myself.  No sense in
paying for shipping twice.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!