Re: Diff, O/D and Gearbox Oil Leaks

To: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: Diff, O/D and Gearbox Oil Leaks
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 12:33:52 -0400
I rebuilt my OD tranny, replacing the gaskets, etc., and it
has leaked ever since.  The oil seemed to be pretty much everywhere.
Much later, when I had the cover off to fix a broken wire in the OD
circuit, I noticed that it seemed to leak form the very top, where
the shift lever extension bolts on to the case top.  From
there it would drip (and get blown) all over the rear part of
the tranny.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit