Week in review

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Week in review
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:34:18 -0700
Geetings, all.  It's been a good week for driving.  Been getting nice
comments on the street.  One guy in a pickup truck gave me a big thumbs up
while we were waiting out a light.  Turns out he used to own a '70 Spitfire,
and was laughing about how it was the "only car he ever had" that abruptly
conked out on him on the freeway.  He really liked mine, though and we
shared a few laughs before the light turned green.  A day or two later, a
young guy peered down from his pickup truck and said "what kind of battery
does that thing take?"  "Double AA", I replied.  "and it has a 2-stroke
lawnmower engine in here."  He and his passenger laughed, but then he
started going on about how cool the car was.  I've noticed that high school
guys in particular just love this car.   I suspect that most have never seen
anything like it.  Ah well.  Gotta balance the bitter with the sweet.  My
wife has said "no more" to letting my younger kids ride with me.  "If it
doesn't have a back seat, they can't ride".   I'm grateful for all the time
she let me give them rides anyway up till now, so I'm not going to put up a
fight about it.  In fact, I may even remove the roll bar that I installed
specifically so the kids could ride with me.  I really don't think it would
do me much good and it's rubbing against my newly upholstered seats, wearing
holes in the vinyl already!  I figure that I'm more likely to crack my skull
against the thing than roll the car.  Plus, it's give me more legroom, which
would be nice.  Even if I remove it, I'll hang onto it.  The holes are
already drilled in the tub now!

Thanks to all who have posted new items to the TTA.  I guess there's still
some life in that thing after all.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!