Re: t/r 3 fuel pump

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: t/r 3 fuel pump
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:55:32 -0400
I would guess that the pump lever is not riding on the cam, either
because of missing or broken return spring, or a burr or piece of
cruft that is jamming the lever.  Does it lever by hand? and does it
have a good spring return?  Try it separate from the camshaft either
by working the prime lever or remove again from the engine and operate
the cam follower lever.

If the cam eccentric is there, the pump lever has to follow it out,
but it may not be happy to return.

BTW, not particularly familiar with the TR-3 fuel pump, but if it is
mechanical with a cam follower, it should be just like all the others
of its ilk.

Donald.