t/r 3 fuel pump

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: t/r 3 fuel pump
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:21:15 -0400
Well, I've finally discovered why my car stopped running when I got back
from Illinois, the camshaft is no longer turning the arm on the fuel pump to
feed the gas to the carbs, this a.m. I took the F.P. apart, removed the
diaphram and bolted the pump to the block, no movement of the F.P. arm at
all, none. I called Ken Galanders on Friday to ask if he had ever heard of
this happening, and he said no, not on these cars, the high point on the cam
lobe is still there, I do feel a little indentation on the rear of the cam
where the arm would normally ride. No more concours judging this year, a
electric pump with regulator goes on today, this cam has less than 40K miles
on it, they should be good on a fuel pump hook-up for life, never wear out,
sure don't understand this. Anybody on the list ever had such a happening ??
"FT"