Re: Exhaust gasket

To: technical <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust gasket
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2000 10:02:10 -0500
Yes, I've heard before that it helps to have both sides well and truly flat.
 The downpipe is a stainless steel one, fitted brand new only a couple of
 months ago, and looks pretty good and flat (although I can't be sure without
 using a rule).  That still leaves the old and rusty manifold, which may not be
 so flat, but removing that to file it down is a bit of a hassle.  Then again,
 so is replacing the gasket every couple of months...

Richard and (noisy) Daffy

technical@iwnet.screaming.net on 11Jun2000 05:06 PM