Fuel

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:19:25 -0500
I was tooling around this weekend in my 71 and I was at a parking lot of a
local adult beverage seller when a fellow came up in a custom crotch rocket.
I think it used to be a Kawasaki, anyway, the exhaust smelled a little funny
so after he shut it off and the ground quite shacking I asked him if was
burning Methanol. He said it was aviation fuel ! 140 Octane, he buys it at
the local private airport, this caused me to think,,, what would a couple
gallons of that do in our 8 gallon tanks to the heads and valves or our
spits ?

I would think it would burn very well if it didn't burn the tips off the
plugs or worse burn the valves clean out of the head.

Craig Smith
36 Pelham Ridge Drive
Greenville, SC 29615
800/692-2323 ext. 2105