Alternator Problems

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Problems
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:40:34 -0400
I noticed yesterday that my alternator was not charging, I swapped it out
and the spare I had did no better.  Neither one has really been used in
years.  When I put the first on I did at one time get an indication of a
charge.  What is the likelihood of two alternators not working or is there
another problem?  The ignition lamp on the dash is not lighting up, I
checked it and power was getting to it, but nothing at the lamp.  I did a
continuity check on the bulb and it was good (I know it could be ground out
inside though)  Could this be the problem?  Is there a temporary fix until I
can get the correct bulb?  Help!!!!

Patrick Bowen