Re: Hand brake wearing hole in thumb

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hand brake wearing hole in thumb
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:41:46 -0500
>Jeff wrote:
>>
>> What's the deal with my Spitfire hand brake?  There's a little piece of
>> metal rod that sticks out of the center of the set button.  Is the button
>> just worn through?  I seem to recall my original '67 Mk3 having the same
>> thing...

My car came without the button-just the sharp metal post sticking out of the end
of the handle. I used a black plastic top from small screw top chemical sample
vial. I found one of the right diameter, which even has a plastic insert in it
with a hole in the center. I just filled it with hot melt glue and pressed it
over the protruding rod.  Instant button. Looks totally stock.

Bob Waid
71 Mark IV