Re: New Vicky Brit

To: "DT Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Subject: Re: New Vicky Brit
From: John Goethert <john@triumphspitfire.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:07:04 -0400
On a related subject, I have been told by a reliable source that the
manufacturer of Pacesetter is/was having problems making the Spitfire
headers. The jig was off and they made a bunch that did not fit the cars;
they hit the frame. The problem should be corrected by now but is worth an
ask before buying.
Also, I have heard that some people have found clearance problems with
stock exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds. The two manifolds apparently
touch and make it impossible to get the mounting nuts tight enough to avoid
an exhaust leak. Visit http://www.triumphspitfire.com/Manifold.html  for a
diagram.
John