VB Bashing

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: VB Bashing
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:48:00 -0400
Not to bash any companies that help support my/our addiction to these LBCs,
but I would also have to say that I would never trust VB to supply me with
any important piece of my vehicle.

Half the time you order something from them it's almost like they took the
original part to a manufacturing plant in Malasia and said "make me
something sort of like this". Do you think they actually plot how they can
make something that is even less reliable then a lucas factory part?

But, I would say that they are very convenient when your local LBC shop is
unable to get the part that they don't carry in stock or you need something
expediciously.

I ordered some pretty hub dust covers (one of which I beat to death out of
frustration when it wouldn't fit the hub and the other I patiently sanded
until it finally fit), a steering linkage-to-verticle arm, a new break pin
kit (to hold the brake pads onto the calipers) and a rubber cover for the
battery cable-to-solenoid connection; and I received the items within 3
days. Not too bad.

And all that for only $54!

Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500