Re: Shipping expense

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shipping expense
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:51:45 -0600
The reason that business delivery is cheaper is because as a general rule
most businesses are concentrated in a "business district", in and around a
certain area of a city.  While residential areas are generally on the
outskirts of cities and in rural areas.  UPS delivers mostly to businesses
and because they are concentrated in a smaller area one truck can make a lot
of deliveries in a short period of time.  While one delivery to a residence
way out in the boonies can take up one truck for a long time.  UPS puts
their hubs in these business areas to make the majority of their deliveries
quicker. There are always exceptions to the rules and a person can live in a
business district and a business can be in the boonies.  But for the most
part this rule is true.  I work in an area with a lot of business and I see
the UPS truck and other freight trucks drive by many times a day, but when
I'm at home during the day I'll be lucky to see one drive by once a week.
This logic would apply to any deliver service. Just put a sign in front of
your house that reads "Triumph World" and mark all packages as being
delivered to a business.
MikeC