oil pan cap screwed part II

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pan cap screwed part II
From: "Chip Kigar" <ckigar@sound.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:35:18 -0500
I determine that it wasn't practical to do an 'in situ' repair on my
stripped oil pan hole as it is one of the two holes at the front of the
engine.  The cross member would interfere with a tap.  These two holes,
unlike the ones on the side, go right into the crankcase sump.  Having one
open is a bit like having an open artery...   so this is a pretty critical
repair on the 'do it right' scale.  I pulled the engine today and it's
dangling from a come-along in my garage, waiting for my  trip to the
hardware store for a tap and a oversize bolt or a stud.

I just hope the engine goes back in as easily (fairly easily, anyway) as it
came out!

visit my circle cutting jig page at: http://www.sound.net/~ckigar/circle.htm
I now have some pictures of my zebrawood veneer dash.