South African Triumph adventures

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: South African Triumph adventures
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:19:14 +0200
Friends

Greetings from South Africa .
Just returned from an extended business trip and thought I should let
everyone know that the TR 4 A seller rejected my offer . Sad , but maybe
it's a good thing . Now I can spend more time ( money ? ) on my TR 3 ,
Spitfires and Heralds :-) .... But I still do think that I absolutely must
acquire a TR 4 A someday .
To everyone that responded with words of wisdom and encouragement , thanks
and sincere apologies for not replying in a timely fashion  .
I'm also behind in replying to everyone that offered TR 3 parts and / or
advice . Will try to respond during the next couple of days .
The search for a Spitfire d-type overdrive unit and mainshaft is also still
continuing .
The TR 3 was used last weekend as a bride's car for the wedding of one of my
friends in a small town approx. 300 Km away from my farm . Great fun :-) On
our way to the wedding the indicators , brake lights and fuel gauge stopped
working ( something which I will look into over the next couple of days ) .
I had to remove the passenger seat so that the bride ( and later groom as
well ) could sit on the occasional rear seat . Soft top in trunk / boot and
sidescreens at home ( haven't been completely restored ) during winter .
Needless to say , the bride turned blue in the face from the cold , the
groom held onto his hair and I truly enjoyed myself . The TR was a hit with
everyone . :-)
Oh , received a few comments on the nice MG :-(
Kind regards .

Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .