New Acquisition

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New Acquisition
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:10:00 -0600
Well, yesterday was a **good** day.  With the help of a couple of
buddies we got the roof on my garage extension - a 10 X 36 foot
lean-to.  There'll be room to park 3 Spits end to end in there.  Which
leads to the second chapter....

Got a call from a guy who has a 71 MK IV to sell for parts.  Had a look
at it last night, and the PO or DPO, or DFPO tried to install a Cortina
engine and gear box in it.  Chopped into the firewall, wheel wells on
the bonnet, clutch mounting mechanism, drilled and welled on the chassis
then gave up.  So we talked for half an hour then settled on a price -
$300.  He's happy, I'm happy.  The motor, tranny, radiator and all
extras are stored separately.  Even a fairly new top and 4 new tires -
mind you, 155/75s, a little skinny, I think.  However it doesn't have a
commission number plate.  OH NO, not again!  Seems its been registered
by its body number for some years - since being found abandoned in a
field and insurance paid out.  (Sound familiar to anyone?)

So now that it's going to follow me home Thursday I've got a shed to
store it in.  No, I won't try to check its pedigree.  I'll leave well
enough alone.   It will become a donor for my current project.

A **good* day!
Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,