she will not start 1978 150

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: she will not start 1978 150
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:47:44 -0400
This post refers to a 1978 1500 serial # 790097, single stromberg150CD, I
have replaced a broken intake, and a warped exhaust manifold original
working parts, now the problems, after starting the car, it will not
accerate with any power in 1st gear (acts like fuel starvation), shift to
2nd, she goes for about 3 seconds, and starts starving for fuel, O/K in 3rd
until over 50, then the hesitations starts again, drive the car for 20
minutes and stop,turn the key off, it will start right back up, but, will
not start if it sits for 5/10 minutes unless you crank and crank about 10/15
times, then will start and very slowly build to a revved-up engine, not
right away, it takes a few seconds to get rpm's. I did not make any
adjustments on the carb or dist., all emission hoses are connected, EGR
valve in place, air pump operating, I have not the slightest idea where to
look, any help,ideas, suggestions welcomed. "FT"