Re: adjusting konis and oiling trunnions

To: rroach <rroach@direct.ca>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: adjusting konis and oiling trunnions
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2000 05:29:53 -0500
Ron,

To oil the trunnions, I just use a cheapo grease gun from my local car parts
 store.  Take the top off, pour in the gear oil, connect up to the nipple and
 off you pump (sorry - far too much sexual innuendo in doing this job!).  You
 do get a bit of leakage, but no worse than you do when pumping grease -
 anyway, I always view leaked or spilt oil and grease as rust-proofer for
 whatever part it leaked onto!

Easy job, there's no reason for paying anyone else to do it - unless, like
 Laura, you live somewhere you are not allowed to!

Richard and Daffy