Re: adjusting konis and oiling trunnions

To: "m.chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: adjusting konis and oiling trunnions
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2000 08:41:51 -0500
Mike,

That's exactly what I mean.  These tend to be cheap enough that it is worth
 buying a second gun just to do this job - better than trying to empty grease
 out of a half-filled gun, filling with oil, doing your trunnions, and then
 swapping back again!

Buy gun, pull out the bar at the bottom that controls the plunger and lock
 (usually a twist, or move the bar off-centre), unscrew top, pour in oil,
 re-attatch top, release plunger.  While the seals are good enough to hold
 grease long-term, oil may seep out of a cheap gun, so it may be worth storing
 it without oil in between services.

Richard and Daffy

m.chmura@umassp.edu on 28Jun2000 02:20 PM