New project

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New project
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:32:08 -0700
Spitsters,

A complete '79 1500 motor / trans / od / drive shaft / diff just got
delivered !! It was interesting unloading the motor from the back of the
truck and just the driver and me ! But it is in the garage, ready to suck up
lots of time and money.

 What I want to do is build the engine up a bit, 9 to 1 pistons, maybe a
little lumpier cam, already got a Weber and an intake manifold. So how 'bout
some suggestions. The motor will go into the '72, (emissions exempt) and
will be street driven, not raced (well maybe a little street stuff, lookout
Geo !! ).

First question, it has the Lucas pointless distributor. Can it be fitted to
my current '72 1300 ? May as well use it during the rebuild process.

TIA

Ken C
'72 Spit