Re: oiling trunnions

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oiling trunnions
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:22:32 -0400
Que?
You're supposed to OIL the trunnions? The used GT6 front veticles I had were
greased to the point of gobs of oil on the externals of the trunnion.

That rubber boot on the top of the trunnion doesn't look like it will hold
something as fluid as oil in either. And why do they put a grease fitting on
the verticles if it's supposed to be oiled?

-Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spitfire 1500 (getting ready to dismantle the newly rebuilt GT6 front
veritcals to get the grease out)
Maryland