Re: Re: compressor recommendations, anyone?

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: compressor recommendations, anyone?
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 19:48:01 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/0 9:26:57 AM, randallyoung@earthlink.net wrote:

<<A quick reality check : how much power does that "5 hp" compressor
supposedly draw ?  If it was really 5 hp, it would need about 25 amps at
220v !>>

Well to add my two cents.......
I'm familiar with these compressors as I bought one when the store was Price
club.  It did have a 5hp rating which made me wonder considering it was for
120V house current, but I used it to operate various air tools with no
problems whatsoever.  Even used it to spray the house once, worked nicely
then too.  I don't know if it is rated like the way it is because they will
function like a true 5hp but from my experiences with them, I'd buy another
one (and I will as the first one was stolen five months later).
    Michael