RE: hearld motor ??

To: "'Richard Bonilla'" <richard@bonilla.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: hearld motor ??
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 07:32:12 +0100

> I was cleaning out my barn this am, and moved an old triumph motor
> Gifted to my a year , or so ago...I am deciding what to do w/it and I
> Thought some of you folks may shed some light on what I have...I
> Think it is off of an old hearld...id# GD 45843 HE...any ideas
> On year, mdl, etc...looks like there are a nice set of su's on it...

The GD prefix engines were originally for the 12/50 model, but they were
also fitted to later model 1200s, from sometime around 1968. When introduced
in 1963, the 12/50 engine used the same cam as the contemporary Spitfire
(Mk1), though I don't know what changes were made for the later units,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald