Re: hearld motor ??

To: "Richard Bonilla" <richard@bonilla.com (no spam) (no spam)>
Subject: Re: hearld motor ??
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:23:37 +0100
Hi Richard
Just catching up on the list, so don't know if you had any replies to this.
My Herald workshop manual says it is a post June 1962 - pre Feb 1968  MKII
Herald 1200 unit, either home or export markets, I don't know whether the
twin SU's are original export kit but they definitely aren't UK spec as
these had a downdraught solex as standard.
Alternatively it could be a post 67 spit MKIII, which would make more sense
with it having twin SU's. It appears that Triumph crossed the 1200 1300
capacity divide and retained the same numbers.
I have a nice chart (original Standard Triumph) that has all the relative
info up to the 1300 (nominal) cc engines and compares the spec of cams
compression etc. but I bet no one wants a scanned copy? ;-))

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI