Re: Spit 6 - an approach I haven't seen

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit 6 - an approach I haven't seen
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 07:09:12 -0400
This is the way i just used to repair a 66 round tail spit using a 77 square
tail body tub. I don't know about converting the GT6, but converting between
the body styles was a lot of work. I replaced the front dash, the rear deck,
everything associated with the rear trunklid and reworked the rear fenders.
I drilled out the seams with a 1/8 drill bit and used a thin chisel  to pry
the seams apart. Take your time and do a lot of compairing and measuring
before each step. 2 years and 3 new grandbabys later I finaly got to paint
it this weekend.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg Va.
66 Spit  rising from the grave