Re: Spit 6 - an approach I haven't seen

To: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spit 6 - an approach I haven't seen
From: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:36:53 -0400
Mike,

In regards to your question:
>4. Finally, how would you remove the panels:  cut out each spot weld (the
"correct" but tedious answer), >cut on one side or the other of the raised
seam (specify which side and why), or . . .

You can either cut out the panels below the flange, however you still have
to grind off the outer flange belonging to the discarded fender and cut
holes so you can plug weld to your GT6 fender flange.  I would plan on
removing the spot welds on one or the other car by drilling through leaving
a hole in the flange.  Then on the other car just cut off the part to be
discarded and grind off the outer flange from the part cut off.
Now you can easily plug weld the two together.

Mike Ross
'67 Spitfire (soon to be a Spit 6)
'66 Spitfire
'69 GT6 (parts car)