RE: OD

To: "'Marcus Schaper'" <mschaper@gvpt.umd.edu>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: OD
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:44:15 +0200
Marcus

>From what I've learned through my ongoing search for a D-type overdrive for
my Mk 1 Spitfire it seems to be a good deal . Most people or suppliers don't
have , are not willing to sell or want much more for the overdrive unit
alone ( maybe it's just applicable to the d-type overdrive ) . Take
everything you are able to : overdrive unit , tranny , bellhousing , main
shaft , drive shaft , rear mountings , relay unit , speedo cable , switches
and wiring .

If you ever stumble upon an early Spitfire please keep in mind that I'm
looking for the following in the same price range :

1) D type o/d unit ( complete with solenoid , inhibitor switch and angle
drive ) pulled from Mk 1 , 2 or 3 o/d gearbox .

2) Complete mainshaft pulled from Mk 1 , 2 or 3 o/d gearbox .

3) Overdrive relay unit .
4) Overdrive scroll / script badge for boot / trunk .
5) Adapter plate
6) Overdrive switch ( steering column stalk and special cowling )
7) longer speedo cable
8) Rear mountings

Best wishes

Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d