RE: MOT Time...

To: "'Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou'" <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: RE: MOT Time...
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:10:58 +0100
> Don't forget that by hearing only MOT horror stories relating to
> 25-year-old rust-prone cars, we are not getting a truly
> representative sample of the general British car owners'
> MOT experience!

A very good point. My wife and I keep 3 cars roadworthy at all times
(currently 4, 3 of them Triumphs), and I've not had an MOT failure for
nearly 3 years. The last failure I did have was down to a few niggling
faults (number plate lamp and play in a front wheelbearing) which cost very
little to put right, but nevertheless needed doing. Most garages also offer
a free re-test, though they are not obliged to do this if the vehicle leaves
their premises for repairs to be carried out. I have no objections to the
MOT test - you'd need to be pretty stupid to want to drive a car which would
fail the test! Having said that, I'm always nervous watching someone tapping
bits of my car with a hammer!
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald